No win no fee employment solicitors
Redmans are specialist no win no fee employment solicitors helping clients in London and nationwide. We have experience in all types of employment law cases and are able to offer expert advice to employees on all potential claims they may have, whether these are in the Employment Tribunal or civil courts.
Your case will always be handled by an experienced employment law solicitor.
What is ‘no win no fee’?
‘No win no fee’ means just that: if you are not ‘successful’ with your claim then you will not have to pay us any fees. ‘Success’ normally means winning your Employment Tribunal claim or an agreed settlement, so normally in these types of cases we don’t get paid unless you do. If you are successful with your claim (or if your case is settled on an agreed basis) then we will normally take an agreed percentage of any amount that is awarded by the court or under the settlement (as applicable).
How our no win no fee funding works
We would assess your case and, if we’re able to take your case on a no win no fee basis, then we would let you know and offer you funding on a no win no fee basis. As detailed above, ‘no win no fee’ means that if you are successful with your claim then we would be paid a percentage (normally no more than 35%, and usually between 15% and 35%) of any award made by the Tribunal or settlement reached between the parties; if you’re not successful with your claim then you will not normally owe us anything. Hence ‘no win no fee’.
What kind of cases do we take on a ‘no win no fee’ basis
Most cases that we deal with on a ‘no win no fee’ basis are ‘pre-action’, meaning that the claim hasn’t been issued yet and we are trying to obtain a settlement for you before you issue the claim – it is normally better, all things being equal, to settle your claim without starting litigation in the Employment Tribunal because you avoid the cost, stress, hassle, and time of dealing with an Employment Tribunal claim.
We do, on occasion, offer ‘no win no fee’ funding for claims brought in the Employment Tribunal, but we are very strict about when we take on a case brought in the Employment Tribunal.
The types of claim that we deal with on a no win no fee funding basis
We will consider taking almost any types of Employment Tribunal claim on a ‘no win no fee’ basis – we have dealt with the following claims on a no win no fee basis before:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Breach of contract
- Disability discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Race discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Maternity leave discrimination
Case studies of cases with no win no fee funding
- Redmans helps client to settle her sexual harassment claim against her boss – How Redmans represented a client in settlement agreement negotiations, and secured an ex-gratia payment for her (read the case study)
- Redmans helps settle sexual harassment case for male client for over £20,000 – How Chris Hadrill, a specialist employment solicitor, helped a male client who had been sexually harassed at work to settle their potential claims against their employer for over £20,000 (read the case study)
- Redmans secures £11,000 and a reference for client in settled Employment Tribunal victimisation claim – How Chris Hadrill, a specialist employment solicitor, represented a client in an Employment Tribunal claim and secured the client £11,000 tax-free ex-gratia compensation and a reference through a COT3 agreement (a form of settlement agreement) (read the case study)
- Client wins almost £20,000 in Employment Tribunal unfair dismissal claim – How Chris Hadrill successfully represented an employee on a no win no fee basis in an Employment Tribunal unfair dismissal claim and won just under £20,000 for his client (read the case study)
Contact one of our solicitors to discuss no win no fee funding for your case
Our award-winning employment law experts will work with you to find a solution to your workplace problem, regardless of what issue you are facing.
To see what we can do for you:
- Call us on 020 3397 3603;
- Email us;
- Contact us using our online submission form; or
- Complete and return the full NO WIN NO FEE QUESTIONNAIRE where you can also upload documents. This should preferably be completed where you wish us to consider your case in more detail.
How we will deal with your no win no fee funding enquiry
Once you have submitted your enquiry one of our specialist employment lawyers will review your enquiry you and contact you to discuss your enquiry with you.
We would be grateful if you could keep the information that you are providing us with to a minimum, if possible – be as short and precise as you possibly can. If you send us large amounts of confidential documents or your matter is potentially complex then whether we offer you a free evaluation of your no win no fee funding application is at our discretion – we will tell you after we have reviewed your enquiry whether we are able to provide a free initial evaluaiton or whether there will be a charge for this.